Wildcard Studios, 18 Balderton Street, London, W1K 6TG
Wildcard Studios is dedicated to supporting and nurturing emerging artists and theatre companies who may not have the resources to rehearse, create and grow. When applying please be mindful we will only accept bookings from artists and creatives who are in genuine need of subsidised space.
Opening times: Monday – Saturday
Day hire: 10am-6pm
Evening hire 6:30pm-9:30pm
Full building hire/Filming location
Balderton studios is a 4 floor Victorian building holding 6 different rehearsal rooms and an office space.
Perfect for a variety of filming we offer offer full day affordable hire of the entire building for emerging film makers.
Contact email@example.com for more details
Size: 7.3m x 4.7m (ceiling height 2.5m)
Brief: Perfect for auditions and studio rehearsals
Day (10am- 6pm) £65
Evening (6:30pm-9:30pm) £35
Size: 7.6m x 5.6m (ceiling height 3.7m)
Brief: Perfect for auditions and studio rehearsals
Price: Day (10am – 6pm) £70
Size: 6.4m x 4.8m (ceiling height 3.7m)
Brief: Perfect for auditions and studio rehearsals
Day (10am-6pm) £65
Evening (6:30pm-9:30pm) £35
Size: 5.2m x 1.7m / 3.8m (ceiling height 2.4m)
Brief: Good for audition prep, solo and table work
FREE, 10am – 2pm or 2pm – 6pm
T&Cs apply, click here for more information
Size: 9.7m x 7m (ceiling height 2.6m)
Brief: Perfect for auditions and studio rehearsals. Breakout room attached for storage/waiting room.
Day (10am-6pm) £95
Evening (6:30pm – 9:30pm) £45
To book a rehearsal room please click the button below and fill out the online form. Once submitted a member of the Wildcard team will be in touch to complete the booking and process your invoice. Lastly, be sure to read the Hire Agreement below.
The hire of studio space under these terms and conditions does not create any affiliation or partnership between you and Wildcard. Wildcard takes no responsibility for and does not endorse the content of activities which you carry out in our spaces. By confirming the booking you acknowledge and confirm that you (the Hirer) have understood and agreed to comply with the terms and conditions contained below.
Our hire policy exists to ensure that the inhabitants of the spaces work in a safe and comfortable environment. We therefore ask visiting companies, or regular users of the space to ensure they adhere to the following:
By confirming my booking at Wildcard Studios (18 Balderton Street), I, the user, agree to adhere to the following hire policy:
PAYMENT & BOOKING:
- Payment – Payment is made by bank transfer on receipt of an e-invoice.
- Bookings 1-3 Days – Payment of full amount of booking must be paid 24 hours of receiving an invoice from us, in order to secure the booking.
- Bookings 4+ days – Payment of 50% of the total must be made 24 hours of receiving an invoice from us, in order to secure the booking. We do not guarantee to hold dates until the agreed 50% has been received. We will require 10 days notice from the 1st day of the booking to receive a full refund.
- Amend or cancel booking – Notice must be given 48 hours ahead of a 1-3 day booking, or 10 days ahead of a 4+ day booking — relative to the first day of the entire booking — by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org , or you are liable to pay the full invoice; for the avoidance of doubt, bookings are looked at collectively. Should any client choose not to use the dates they have booked, they will still be held liable for the full hire fee. Where necessary, we will pursue remuneration through legal channels..
- Opening/Closing Times – The building is bookable between Monday to Saturday.
- Day slots 10:00-18:00 – You’ll be able to enter the building when the door opens at approx 09:30 (unless there is an emergency). You will then need to vacate the room by 18:00 at the latest to allow for disinfecting before the evening groups to come in at 18:30. If you are on a long term day booking you will need to have moved all set/props costumes to the designated taped area shown to you on your first day. Any valuables feel free to speak to the Studio manager to organise putting them in a lockable cupboard.
- Evening slots 18:30-21:30 – You’ll have entry to the room from 18:30. Please arrive no earlier than 18:20 and wait in the green room until instructed the room is clear and disinfected. When rehearsing late in the evening, please leave the premises quietly, and respect our neighbours.
COVID – 19:
- Covid-19 Precautions – The Hirer must familiarise themselves with the Covid-19 procedures and must make sure all participants are fully informed of said procedures. Any non-compliance should be reported directly to a Wildcard member of staff. Government recommended face-masks must always be worn in all public areas of the building, however, we give permission for companies to remove their masks during rehearsal if all members of their group are comfortable with this. For best practice, Wildcard’s advice is to not share personal items such as chargers, bottles and stationery. The Hirer is responsible for checking on the daily health and well-being of the group. These are Wildcard’s independent safety procedures – however it is also the responsibility of the Hirer and participants to adhere to up-to-date advice and restrictions as provided by Public Health England. The Hirer must ensure the practice of regular hand-sanitiser usage, especially when entering and leaving both the rehearsal rooms and the building. The Hirer will vacate the premises no later than their hire time specifies, to ensure adequate time is given for staff to disinfect the property and enter/leave without cross-contamination. For details of the PHE’s Covid-19 policies, please visit: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Lateral Flow testing – Under guidance of our T&Cs it is the responsibility of the lead booker/Hirer/Stage Manager to keep up to date with the health and Covid status of their company before entering the building. We would ask that all creatives have provided evidence of a negative lateral flow or PCR to the lead booker before entering the building each session. During your stay, if someone tests positive the studios must be informed by emailing email@example.com or speaking to a Wildcard member in the building. The creative who has tested positive may not return to the building until they have been isolated for 10 days — in accordance with the Government’s guidelines — and can provide a negative PCR result. Fully vaccinated company members who have come in contact with an individual who has tested positive will not be asked to self isolate but will have to continue providing negative lateral flow tests. This is in accordance with Current government guidelines but may be subject to change if updated information is advised by the NHS.
- Cancellations due to changes in government regulations/lockdown
- If the booking is cancelled because Wildcard has closed due to changes in government regulations or a national lockdown, Wildcard studios will consider the hire agreement to be ‘frustrated’ and will offer credit for future booking; a full or partial refund for the affected period will also be offered upon request; in which case, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your booking can go ahead despite changes to government guidance but the show/project/performance or activity that related to your booking cannot, Wildcard studios will look into this and offer a full or partial refund upon request. You must provide the studios with the name, date and details of the cancelled activity. Evidence must be provided that the project has been asked not to go ahead due to changes in the lockdown law or government guidance. In which case, please email email@example.com . Covid 19 consumer contracts, cancellation and refunds can be found here.
- Using the space – The booking time includes set up and clear down. Please factor this in when booking. Please ensure you leave the space as you found it. Vacuums and cleaning materials are available for you to use should your space need cleaning after you have finished your session. We are limited in our staff and would appreciate help in keeping the studios tidy for other users.
- Noise – Wildcard Studios are a ‘found space’ and so not purpose built rehearsal rooms. Due to this we cannot permit any amplification of any kind in the rooms. If music / instruments / singing / recorded sound is used in any rooms and proves disturbing to others, we reserve the right to ask for the volume to be lowered, and in extreme circumstances, for the sound to be turned off completely. The rehearsal spaces in the building are often close together; please show courtesy to others in the premises by keeping noise to an acceptable level. Please make sure that you keep noise to a non-intrusive level after 6pm.
- Child Protection – The Hirer accepts full responsibility for ensuring that an appropriate Child Protection Procedure is in place and is observed by all persons on the premises involved with children and young persons under the age of 18 during the course of the event for which the premises have been hired.
- Babies and Children – Babies and children are very welcome at Wildcard Studios; however, we are unable to provide changing facilities. Please let us know in advance if one of your team would like to bring any under 18s into the building by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access – The Hirer must inform Wildcard in advance if they are expected participants with additional needs and/or additional access requirements. Please note, Wildcard does not have wheelchair access.
- Parking – The hire of the premises does not include the use of parking facilities.
- Additional Charges – We reserve the right to add additional charges for any over-run bookings in the space, early access with or without agreement, unclaimed items or unclean rooms/areas. Any damage to the space or mess left as a result of your use will be invoiced to you, and will include the time and labour required to get the space back to standard. The Hirer must inform Wildcard of any damage they or their colleagues have caused immediately — by phone, text or email — so that it can be repaired. A failure to inform Wildcard may result in all future bookings being cancelled and your payment retained.
- Storage – Any storage of props and set must be agreed upon by Wildcard staff. For all storage enquires please contact email@example.com.
- Pets – No pets are allowed in the studios; however, assistance animals are welcome under the Equality Act 2010. Please let us know before your booking if you are planning on bringing an assistance animal, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post – The hirer can have items delivered to the building. Ensure the parcel is correctly labelled with the hirers name. Any items delivered will be left in the green room. Wildcard studios is not liable for any items delivered that go missing.
- Lost property – Any items left in the rooms will be placed in lost property for 30 days. After this time, these will be disposed of.
- Facilities – The Hirer shall not use the rooms for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or allow the room to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything which may endanger the premises or any insurance policies connected with the premises.
- Health & Safety – The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Magistrate’s Court. Hirers may not be asked back if found compromising this clause. The Hirer must familiarise themselves with the emergency procedures and must make sure room/space participants are fully informed of the emergency procedures also. The Hirer must complete a risk assessment for each space used. The first aid kit and accident book is kept at reception. Should a participant sustain an injury, please report it to reception. The Hirer must also comply with the requirements of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (and all future amendments thereto), in particular (but without limitation) the need to provide confirmation that all equipment used complies in all respects with required Codes of Practice (for example, that all electrical items have current PAT testing certificates, hazardous substances have appropriate COSHH documentation and that the entire activity has suitable Risk Assessment Records). If the Hirer has any queries in this respect, please contact Wildcard. The Hirer must not place any obstructions in entrances/exits, on stairs or in passages, or obstruct access to all places of work in any way. The Hirer shall not bring or permit to be brought onto the premises any weapons, explosives, inflammable material, fireworks or other pyrotechnics nor use or permit the use of any naked lights in any part of the premises.
- Insurance – The Hirer acknowledges that the loss of any items left unattended is not covered by Wildcard’s insurance cover and so the responsibility of these items falls onto the Hirer. It is required that the Hirer should purchase their own Public Liability insurance.
- Limitation of Liability – Neither party excludes or limits liability to the other party for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation nor where liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of law. Wildcard is not responsible for indirect losses which are not foreseeable by the Hirer. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the space is suitable for their activity. If you wish to check the suitability of the space prior to booking the Hirer should contact Wildcard to make arrangements to view the space.