Wildcard Studios, 18 Balderton Street, London, W1K 6TG
Wildcard Studios is dedicated to supporting and nurturing emerging artists and theatre companies who may not have the resources to rehearse, create and grow. When applying please be mindful we will only accept bookings from artists and creatives who are in genuine need of subsidised space.
Opening times: Monday – Saturday
Day hire: 10am-6pm
Evening hire 6:30-9:30pm
Full building hire/Filming location
Balderton studios is a 4 floor Victorian building holding 6 different rehearsal rooms and an office space.
Perfect for a variety of filming we offer offer full day affordable hire of the entire building for emerging film makers.
Contact email@example.com for more details
Size: 7.3m x 4.7m (ceiling height 2.5m)
Brief: Perfect for auditions and studio rehearsals
Day (10am- 6pm) £65
Evening (6:30pm-9:30pm) £35
Size: 7.6m x 5.6m (ceiling height 3.7m)
Brief: Perfect for auditions and studio rehearsals
Price: Day (10am – 6pm) £70
Size: 6.4m x 4.8m (ceiling height 3.7m)
Brief: Perfect for auditions and studio rehearsals
Day (10am-6pm) £65
Evening (6:30pm-9:30pm) £35
Size: 5.2m x 1.7m / 3.8m (ceiling height 2.4m)
Brief: Good for audition prep, solo and table work
FREE, 10am – 2pm or 2pm – 6pm
T&Cs apply, click here for more information
Size: 9.7m x 7m (ceiling height 2.6m)
Brief: Perfect for auditions and studio rehearsals. Breakout room attached for storage/waiting room.
Day (10am-6pm) £95
Evening (6:30pm – 9:30pm) £45
Size: Solo recording booth
Brief: Great soundproof booth for audio recording.
Comes equipped with:
- Rode NT1A microphone
- Focusrite 2i2 interface
- Studio headphones Mic stand
Price: Session 4hr (10am-2pm) £25
To book a rehearsal room please click the button below and fill out the online form. Once submitted a member of the Wildcard team will be in touch to complete the booking and process your invoice. Lastly, be sure to read the Hire Agreement below.
The hire of studio space under these terms and conditions does not create any affiliation or partnership between you and Wildcard. Wildcard takes no responsibility for and does not endorse the content of activities which you carry out in our spaces. By confirming the booking you acknowledge and confirm that you (the Hirer) have understood and agreed to comply with the terms and conditions contained below.
Our hire policy exists to ensure that the inhabitants of the spaces work in a safe and comfortable environment. We therefore ask visiting companies, or regular users of the space to ensure they adhere to the following:
By confirming my booking at Wildcard Studios (18 Balderton Street), I, the user, agree to adhere to the following hire policy:
- Covid-19 Precautions – The Hirer shall comply with and observe all conditions and regulations stipulated in Wildcard’s strict social distancing and cross-contamination policy. Hirers may not be asked back / may be banned from the premises if found compromising this clause. The Hirer must familiarise themselves with the Covid-19 procedures and must make sure all participants are fully informed of said procedures. Any non-compliance should be reported directly to a Wildcard member of staff. Government recommended face-masks must always be worn in all public areas of the building, however, we give permission for companies to remove their masks during rehearsal if all members of their group are comfortable with this. Groups must still adhere to Public Health England’s social distancing rules. For best practice, Wildcard’s advice is to not share personal items such as chargers, bottles and stationery. The Hirer is responsible for checking on the daily health and well-being of the group, and to report any symptoms within two weeks of using the rehearsal room. In accordance with the Government’s track-and-trace policy, the Hirer must collect and store up-to-date and in-use email addresses and phone numbers for all participants. These are Wildcard’s independent safety procedures – however it is also the responsibility of the Hirer and participants to adhere to up-to-date advice and restrictions as provided by Public Health England. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that, at all times, the members of their group observe the queuing systems (at toilets, the kitchen, entrances and exits) and one-way-flow systems (in stairways) as indicated by hazard tape and markers on the floor, given as guidance for social distancing. Individuals may not be asked back / may be banned from the premises if these systems are not observed. The Hirer and participants may not use the kitchen for any purpose other than to fill drink-containers with tap water; drink-containers will not be provided and individuals are responsible for bringing their own; any drink-containers left unattended will be disposed of at the end of the day. No food storage, cooking or refrigeration utilities will be available to use, so participants must bring their own food or eat off-premises. The Hirer must reduce non-essential movement within the building and adhere to the specified lunch break-times when members are leaving the premises (1 – 2.30pm). The Hirer must ensure the practise of regular hand-sanitiser usage, especially when entering and leaving both the rehearsal rooms and the building. The Hirer will vacate the premises no later than their hire time specifies, to ensure adequate time is given for staff to disinfect the property and enter/leave without cross-contamination. The Hirer must restrict the attendants to essential personnel only and encourage any non-essential members to work from home. In the event of a pandemic-induced lockdown, where the Hirer wishes to receive a refund for their booking, the Hirer acknowledges and accepts that Wildcard may only be to refund up to 90% of the value of their booking. For details of the PHE’s Covid-19 policies, please visit: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Opening/Closing Times – The building is bookable between the times 10am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday. We close promptly. Please begin to end your session with the aim to be leaving the studios at this time. We reserve the right to interrupt before 6pm to inform you of the studios closing. When rehearsing late in the evening, please leave the premises quietly, and respect our neighbours.
- Using the space – The booking time includes set up and clear down. Please factor this in when booking. Please ensure you leave the space as you found it. Vacuums and cleaning materials are available for you to use should your space need cleaning after you have finished your session. We are limited in our staff and would appreciate help in keeping the studios tidy for other users. No food or drink (except water in plastic containers) are permitted in the studios. Food/drink consumption is only allowed in communal areas.
- Additional Charges – We reserve the right to add additional charges for any over-run bookings in the space, early access with or without agreement, left items or unclean rooms/areas. Any damage to the space or mess left as a result of your use will be invoiced to you, and will include the time and labour required to get the space back to standard. The Hirer must inform Wildcard of any damage they or their colleagues have caused immediately by phone, text or email so that it can be repaired. A failure to inform Wildcard may result in all future bookings being cancelled and your payment retained.
- Storage – We do not provide secure storage space for your rehearsal props and belongings. No items may be left in the room.
- General – Please do not wander around the building, it is very large and you may disturb other residents, or breach our health and safety requirements. When using communal areas, please make sure that all rubbish is cleared away, and any borrowed kitchenware is cleaned and returned. No smoking is permitted in the building or any of the fire exits at any time. If inviting others to the space, please ask them to wait by reception and collect them from there. All visitors and hirers must sign in and sign out for fire regulation.
- Noise – Wildcard Studios are a ‘found space’ and so not purpose built rehearsal rooms. Due to this we cannot permit any amplification of any kind in the rooms. If music / instruments / singing / recorded sound is used in any rooms and proves disturbing to others, we reserve the right to ask for the volume to be lowered, and in extreme circumstances, for the sound to be turned off completely. The rehearsal spaces in the building are often close together; please show courtesy to others in the premises by keeping noise to an acceptable level. Please make sure that you keep noise to a non-intrusive level after 6pm.
- Booking & Payment – Payment of 50% of the total must be made 24 hours of receiving an invoice from us in order to secure the booking. We do not guarantee to hold dates until the agreed 50% has been received. The remaining amount must be paid on the first day of your booking. If you need to cancel or amend your booking, notice must be given 48 hours ahead (1-5 day booking) or 10 days ahead (6+ day booking) of the first day of the entire booking in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you are liable to pay the full invoice – for the avoidance of doubt, bookings are looked at collectively. Payment is ideally made by bank transfer on receipt of an e-invoice. Should any client choose not to use the dates they have booked, they will still be held liable for the full hire fee. Where necessary we will pursue remuneration through legal channels.
- Facilities – The Hirer shall not use the rooms for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or allow the room to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything which may endanger the premises or any insurance policies connected with the premises.
- Health & Safety – The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Magistrate’s Court. Hirers may not be asked back if found compromising this clause.The Hirer must familiarise themselves with the emergency procedures and must make sure room/space participants are fully informed of the emergency procedures also. The Hirer must complete a risk assessment for each space used. The first aid kit and accident book is kept at reception. Should a participant sustain an injury, please report it to reception. The Hirer must also comply with the requirements of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (and all future amendments thereto), in particular (but without limitation) the need to provide confirmation that all equipment used complies in all respects with required Codes of Practice (for example, that all electrical items have current PAT testing certificates, hazardous substances have appropriate COSHH documentation and that the entire activity has suitable Risk Assessment Records). If the Hirer has any queries in this respect, please contact Wildcard. The Hirer must not place any obstructions in entrances/exits, on stairs or in passages, or obstruct access to all places of work in any way. The Hirer shall not bring or permit to be brought onto the premises any weapons, explosives, inflammable material, fireworks or other pyrotechnics nor use or permit the use of any naked lights in any part of the premises.
- Insurance – The Hirer acknowledges that the loss of any items left unattended is not covered by Wildcard’s insurance cover and so the responsibility of these items falls onto the Hirer. It is required that the Hirer should purchase their own Public Liability insurance.
- Limitation of Liability – Neither party excludes or limits liability to the other party for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation nor where liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of law. Wildcard is not responsible for indirect losses which are not foreseeable by the Hirer. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the space is suitable for their activity. If you wish to check the suitability of the space prior to booking the Hirer should contact Wildcard to make arrangements to view the space.
- Child Protection – The Hirer accepts full responsibility for ensuring that an appropriate Child Protection Procedure is in place and is observed by all persons on the premises involved with children and young persons under the age of 18 during the course of the event for which the premises have been hired.
- Parking – The hire of the premises does not include the use of parking facilities.
- Access – The Hirer must inform Wildcard in advance if they are expected participants with additional needs and/or additional access requirements. Please note, Wildcard does not have wheelchair access.